Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 168 - 172: Wrapped up in change

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. After I quit my job last week, I've been engrossed in moving on. That basically entails getting my finances in order, searching for a new job, researching places to relocate, and clearing out of my apartment by the end of the month. I've barely had time to breath.

Anyway, the following are very brief descriptions of the new things I have done for the past few days.

Sunday: I donated blood for the first time at a downtown blood drive. I've needed to find out my blood type anyway since my parents haven't the slightest idea.

Monday: I listed an entire hobby on Ebay. Video games have consumed endless hours of my life over the past couple years and made me a hell of an introvert. While I still like to write about the industry, I'm obliterating something that never made me truly happy.

Tuesday: I accidentally disrupted a shot on an amateur movie set because I was in need of some coffee. Some asshole college kid yelled in my direction, but shut up when I stared him down.

Wed: I threw away about 10 30-gallon garbage bags of my life. Useless electronics, stacks of paperbacks, sacks of clothing, piles of paperwork, and endless items that somehow seemed worth saving for years. I'm keeping truly important pieces of my life from now on; childhood memories, gifts I treasure, etc.

Today: The news of my departure went public today and I spent the day fending off folks who were mad I didn't say anything. I'm surprised how many people were shocked that I was leaving. I must have given off the vibe that I was a lifer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm incredibly proud of you. You have made every day worth while.