Friday, May 4, 2007

Day 124: Crashed a luncheon.

For some reason, I felt really confident today. One of those types of days where everything just clicks. I pulled off an excellent prank on a couple students this morning, solved an "enormous" (according to the perception of ignorant people) problem at work, and even coaxed a free coffee out of my favorite barista girl all before lunch.

Anyway, there was a large shin-dig setup in downtown as a precursor to Cinco De Mayo. Similar to St. Patrick's Day, it's a weekend celebration rather than a single day around here. So, I snuck a nametag from the main table and dished myself up a plate of fine hispanic cuisine. I believe it was a city sponsered event as I saw folks like the mayor strolling around the area. I must have looked like I fit in with my dress clothes.

As long as you look important enough, I guess you can blend in anywhere.

No comments: