Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 146 - 148: Memorial Day Weekend

No, I didn't forget about this. I just didn't have internet access out at the lakehouse this weekend. I was lucky enough to get invited down to Lake Murray this weekend by a very old college friend. She just got married over a month ago and threw a huge get-together this weekend at her parent's house on the lake.

Anyway, let's get into it. On Saturday, I rode a jetski for the first time; specifically a Kawasaki XR something. That's the first time I've ridden one of those suckers. It's a little frightening at first. But after about 10 minutes, I was racing around like a pro. I even caught a little bit of air in the wake of a speedboat.

On Sunday, about 15 of us went out on a pontoon rental and fished in a quiet section of the lake. It's the first time I've ever tried fishing before and I can't say I'll want to do it again. It's so insanely boring that I gave up after about 30 minutes of not catching anything. I just don't have the patience I suppose. I also learned how to bait a hook properly. Whoop-de-doo.

Today, I drank Long Island iced tea for the first time. It was definitely the southern version of it. I think there was a 5-pound bag of sugar in that concoction. I also saw the new Pirates tonight when I got back from Lexington. It was a decent ending to the tale, if you stayed to the end of the credits.

No comments: