Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 107: Sampras, I'm not.

I took my first tennis lesson today. I bought a racket about 5 years ago, but never did anything with it. I broke it in after work though and what a kick ass day for it. 75 degrees outside and sunny. So nice.

Anyway, one of the fitness instructors at my school hooked me up with a local Furman girl that offered cheap lessons. We mostly worked on returning lobs with my forehand & backhand, but had me do some serves as well. She also blasted a couple serves past me to give me an idea how fast my reaction time is supposed to be. I was having a hell of a time getting the timing down for serving, but it started to click at the very end. I definitely have the stamina for the game. She had me running all over the court grabbing the errant shots and I didn't have any problem keeping up.

All in all, a pretty entertaining afternoon. I scheduled another for next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine you being corrdinated (yeah, I spelled that wrong. And what?) enough to play tennis. Prove me wrong.