Monday, April 2, 2007

Day 92: Worked for UPS for 7 seconds.

Out on my run today after work (gorgeous day!), I was racing back down Main street down by the one-way street near Atlanta Bread Company. Anyway, the UPS guy had already crossed the street with a handcart filled with packages. He didn't seem to notice that he dropped an overnight envelope in the middle of the street and he was about halfway down the next block.

So in one fell swoop, I picked it up without breaking my stride, tossed it on his handtruck, and kept on rolling. I tell ya, I'm like an incredibly weak superhero out to solve the world's mundane problems when I'm running. Then again, the package could have contained something that fate didn't want to make its destination. In that case, I shouldn't have intervened.

Anyway, I realize this isn't anything epic. But I was extra tired after my run, so I've been taking it easy tonight rather than trying something else new.

No comments: