Friday, April 20, 2007

Day 110: Unexpected.

I got a call out of the blue today from my new tennis coach, Jennifer. It turned out we knew alot of the same people from that yoga class I take. Long story short, she wanted me to come out with her friends tonight, but specifically more of a setup. The cool thing about it was she was straight about the whole thing. No stupid games.

Anyway, I met them for dinner at Cheeseburger's in Paradise (which I've been to before). The Chocolate nachos and mini-cheeseburgers are scrumptious, btw. Due to the college age of the crowd, we stuck to the movies, which was perfectly fine with me. The girl that Jen set me up with was very cute, but sadly a borderline ditz. Trudging through a conversation with Katie was next to impossible and she just wouldn't shut up during the movie because she didn't get half of the jokes.

But I digress. It was an absolutely entertaining evening and it got me the hell out of my apartment on a Friday night. That the important part. FYI, Hot Fuzz (the movie) is bloody hilarious. The flick has an excellent mixture of British and American humor going for it.

No comments: