Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day 93: Strange bout of morality.

I kicked my Starbucks habit a couple months ago, but I had a hankerin' for a iced mocha something fierce after laying out in the park before work. After I left the corporate coffeehouse with delicious iced drink in hand, I strolled back up to my apartment. When I emptied my pockets, I realized that they gave me too much money. In fact, I made $5 when attempting to purchase a $4 coffee. Bascially, I gave them a $20 and they gave me back two tens & a five.

So what did I do? I did something I typically wouldn't have done, I returned the money on my way to work. Does Starbucks need the money? Doubtful. Does the barista girl who rung up my coffee deserve to get chewed out by the boss for being short on the register? Not when I can rectify the situation. Anyway, my good mojo was rewarded. The manager gave me a $20 gift card.

In a totally unrelated matter, I picked up Guitar Hero II this morning and I really suck at it. But holy hell, it's addicting. I'm trying to perfect "John the Fisherman" by Primus, "You really got me" by Van Halen, and "Stop" by Jane's Addiction. If anything, it's expanding my musical interests.

No comments: