Saturday, March 3, 2007

Day 62: Proud of myself, but depressed.

This one wasn't any fun today. I'm going to avoid specifics due to the personal nature of this topic, but I will offer up the broad strokes. Perhaps some slight backstory first though. Thursday night, I told Tabatha something about myself that she didn't believe. She really reacted opposite from the way I assumed would happen when I opened myself up. It ended badly that night, but she wanted to meet me today.

So, I met up with Tabatha on Coffee Street around mid-day and we headed to Coffee Underground. We grabbed a couple drinks and plopped down on a couch in the back. After some small talk, she brought it up and it wasn't what I was expecting. She said that she was mad that I tried to use "a line" to trick her into sleeping with me on Thursday. She also said her friends have heard it as well from guys they have gone out with. But she had cooled off about the whole thing and wanted to give it another shot.

I paused for a second, kind of stunned, and tried to formulate a rational response. I looked into her eyes and said exactly this: "Tabatha, what I told you on Thursday night was extremely tough for me to share with someone. I chose to open up because I didn't want you to think I was rejecting you. If you want to rationalize the situation rather than believing the truth, I can't stop you. But I'm not going to apologize for who I am." Then, I got up and walked out.

I spent the rest of the day chilling out in the park and testing out the DS my company sent me, while trying not to think about this whole mess. I haven't heard from her, but I'm not sure I want to. Jeez, this stuff is hard.

No comments: