Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 89: Blind dates stink.

A friend of a co-worker set me up on a blind date tonight, obviously with a new girl. Holy hell, what a wrong move that was. I met Julie (the girl in question) for sushi down at the place on McBee. I wanted to go to Tsunami, but she said she didn't like the wait staff. What the heck does that even mean? Do they spit in her food constantly? That was my first warning that I wildly waved off like a rookie air traffic controller landing a 747. Yikes.

So I met here there and I met young Julie inside at the bar. She was cute in a barista girl kind of way, but not overly attractive. We chatted for a bit and grabbed a table. You know, it's really fucking telling when you see who your friends think you should be dating. I realize I'm not the greatest conversationalist, but this girl barely spoke at all. I couldn't tell if she was extremely shy or just pissed that she got stuck with me. Either way, it was a crapshoot.

Besides that, there's very little to tell. She scarfed down a plate of sushi and made a beeline out of there. Not even an offer to split the check after being a mute the whole night. Oh, and I didn't get the bartending job that I posted about a few days ago. Big suprise.

Then I return home and find another weird flower on my front steps. A few days ago it was some daisies, now it's a group of pink carnations. Crazy people!

No comments: