Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 80: Grew a pair

I'm generally an easygoing guy. I make things look easy at my job simply because I'm just that good. I can edit a person's film project onto a DVD while I scan someone else's slides while I catalogue 40 new movies and answer 50 questions about your inane computer problems without breaking a sweat. I'm bored to tears at my job because there is no challenge to what I do. The only challenge to me is making people think that I'm busy.

But I digress. Today, a co-worker took a real bitchy attitude toward me because I solved a problem in about 10 seconds that he had been wrangling with for an hour. Now, I don't rub someone's face in their errors. Anybody can make a mistake or their mind draws a blank. It happens to all of us at one time or another. But don't you dare give me shit for cleaning up your mess. Don't question me on my whereabouts because you can't figure out the simplest task.

At that point, I had enough. I basically kept my cool and stated that he could go elsewhere for future advice on any technical questions or any help whatsoever. I think I scared him a bit as he stammered for a minute and tried to apologize. Anyway, it's fun to stand up for yourself.

No comments: