Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 72: My blood flows green

Keeping up with the Irish themed week I suppose. I didn't go far for today's venture, just a street away. I hopped over to Connolly's Pub after working out tonight and had a couple beers. I've been in there before, but this time I decided to some obscure imported stuff and also had a bit of shepherd’s pie. The beer, or I should really say dark ale, was good, but I didn't care for the pie. I think the flavor tasted rotten for some reason.

Anyway, I always enjoy Connolly's. It's very laid back and the folks that run the place are fairly cool. They have dart tournaments there from time to time as well as the occasional Texas Hold 'Em game. They even have a vending machine that only stocks UK branded snacks. It's a comfortable place to kick back and drink, even if alone.

No comments: