Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 82: The nice guy strikes again.

Ugh, what a boring end to a promising night. I met a friend down at the Blue Martini tonight and we ended up talking to a few of her girlfriends down there. All of which seemed as if they had been out partying for most of the night. Anyway, we sipped drinks and lounged around on the couches for a while until everyone decided to wander down to the Bait Shack.

I'd consider the Bait Shack the exact opposite of the Blue Martini. It's like going from a semi-casual nightclub to a dirty, hole-in-the-wall bar. That should have probably been my first clue to break away from the party.

So about halfway down there, Julie, the girl I had been chatting with for most of the night, took a header into the sidewalk. She was just fine, but then she kind of started "drunk" crying and lurched over to a nearby wall for balance. And that's when it got gross. Yep, the drinks of the night made the return trip out onto the sidewalk. I ended up holding her hair back for a bit, while her friends tried to console her. I really don't know what the fuck I was dealing with at that point. She was all over the place, physically and mentally. I just made sure that they took her home instead of the horrific Bait Shack.

So, my night was spent holding the hair of a beautiful, drunken baffoon, which was new to me. I'm far too nice for my own good, me thinks.

No comments: