Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 87: Dog Walker for a day.

I walked my neighbor's dog today, simply just as a favor. She had to head out of town for a trial down in the low country (she's a lawyer) and asked me to let her golden retriever (Smuckers) out for a walk in the afternoon. Even though I think I was a bit of a last request, I agreed. I'm just too nice.

It was actually pretty fun. I've never been much of a dog person, always had cats growing up. I think my parents were lazy and didn't want to take care of a dog. Anyway, we went down to the park and tore around the place. I took one of her squeeze toys and we played toss down by the river for a while. I think we tired each other out. While I would hate to clean up after a dog every day, it's fun playing around with someone else's responsibility for a little while.

No comments: