Thursday, March 8, 2007

Day 67: Blast from the Past Day.

Jeez, everyone from the past seemed to pop up in front of me today. Former students, RLC's, etc. I think fate was trying to nudge me in the right direction.

Today, I reconnected with an friend I haven't spoken to in at least 10 years. Not just any friend, but my best friend through elementary, middle and some of high school. He would always invite me to the beach and we would have a hell of a time wandering around. He used to have the best darn backyard. It was a huge wooded forest with trails, creeks, and tons of places to mess around in. I remember we used to walk a couple mile down to a log-cabin general store and buy boxes of Lemonheads. I always liked being able to have sugary cereal at his house (my parents never bought it) on Saturday morning while we watched Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Anyway, I caught up with him today. He's married, working in another part of the state, and somewhat like I remembered him. It's odd that he looks almost exactly the same as the last time I saw him. Some of your friends from high school will blow up into giant fatasses or change their look completely. Not him, though.

No comments: