Monday, March 19, 2007

Day 77 & 78: Yuck.

It didn't occur to me that I had forgotten to blog yesterday until lunchtime today. Allow me to explain:

Yesterday, I met my folks for a late lunch over at a restaurant on Pelham, one of those Stax places. I had never eaten there and I wasn't going to turn down a free meal. But I will never eat there again. I ordered the salmon, which tasted fine, but I think it was the veggies. They tasted funny, like they hadn't been washed. I didn't think much about it while I was eating, but I paid for it later with a case of food poisoning. I spent the rest of the day and some of the night dispensing of this horrific affliction from both ends. Gross.

Today, I just felt straight up queasy. I haven't been able to stomach more than crackers and water today. At lunchtime, I bought a couple hotdogs from the only street vender in Greenville, but couldn't even finish one. I gave the other one to a vagrant I recognized who sits on a bench near my place. Altruistic, but more of an afterthought than a purposeful action. Anyway, he was appreciative.

So, the new things both days were going to a new restaurant, being poisoned from a public eatery, and offering food to the homeless. Not my finest days, but it's the best I can do when sick.

No comments: