Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 84: Wrapped up in rejection.

My masterful misintrepretation of signals from the opposite sex never ceases to amaze me. I'm pretty sure if I start doing the exact opposite of what I think is the correct thing to do, I'll make much more impressive strives in my love life. Oye.

But to the topic at hand. I asked out a girl I've known for a while from a local coffeeshop and got turned down. I've been flirting with her for a while and she's definitely been returning it. Anyway, she looked a bit slack jawed for a moment and then basically said she had a boyfriend.

Rejection's actually far less damaging than I can actually remember. I do know it's better than wondering about it forever, even if I'm going to avoid the iced mochas for a week or two. That's a mistake I've made too many times. Especially when I should just make a damn move.

In lighter news, I discovered the new Amy Winehouse album today. It's the coolest mixture of hip-hop, 60's soul music, and jazz that I've ever heard.

No comments: