Saturday, March 10, 2007

Day 69: Frolf

What a beautiful day! Mid 60's all day long and the sun was smiling. I wandered down into the park to lay out and snooze in the warmth, but came across some guys & girls setting up a frisbee golf game, a.k.a. frolf. I've vaguely heard of it before, referenced on TV, but never played it.

Anyway, they needed some extra players and asked me, along with a few others, to join. It's pretty much like golf. You have to throw the frisbee down a course and try to get it into a metal basket in the fewest number of throws. If you can throw the frisbee in a number of different forms, it's quite easy.

Of course, my crap throws rarely went into the basket, probably because I only have 1 style of tossing. Still, it was fun to try out. Plus I haven't played Ultimate in ages, so it was a fun little change of pace.

No comments: