Friday, February 2, 2007

Day 33: What the fuck?

So, I had a panic attack after work today. I finished my legs/back workout and took a long shower to clean up and chill out. After I got out of the shower, I sat down on the bed because I got a little woozy.

All of a sudden, my chest tightened up and I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt a prickly tingle all over my face as well. A thousand different thoughts raced through my head, the most predominant that I would be found a couple weeks later by a neighbor who couldn't stand the smell anymore. The fear of death wasn't exactly helping my situation, but I finally calmed down and the pain subsided.

I've never had a panic attack before and it's sure as hell something I never want to repeat. I can't figure out what it could have been. I was pondering my life in the shower in a kind of general way, but it's nothing I haven't thought about before. I have wanted to make a dramatic change like a new job or a new town, but I can't seem to nail down what I truely need. It's like I'm bored with everything around me. Trapped in a mediocre life perhaps. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

No comments: