Saturday, February 10, 2007

Day 41: Fish out of water.

In the spirit of newness, I ventured into the 221 Ultra Lounge up on North Main tonight. WOW, talk about being out of my element. Perhaps it was because I was alone, but I just couldn't get into the scene they've created there. It's kind of a crossbreed of a cheap restaurant and a themed nightclub, but without the same flavor found in places like NYC. I can see how they are trying to copy the formula, but it doesn't really work. Perhaps it was because I kept picturing it as the Fuddruckers / Salsarita's it used to be.

Anyway, I hung out at the bar for a bit and watched people dance while sipping on a vodka/cranberry. There were a surprising number of fine looking women in there, but I felt a bit uncomfortable just approaching a flock of them. So I just chilled out, finished my drink and left.

I suppose I chickened out on the flirtation front, but at least I finally got the balls to go in there alone. I'm not sure what possessed me, other than the fact that I needed to do something new for the day. Plus I've always been curious as to what was in there. So now I know what to expect next time.

No comments: