Monday, February 5, 2007

Day 36: Resistance Training

I tried a new form of muscle training today using giant rubber bands I purchased this weekend rather than hand weights or weight machines. It's actually pretty tough to control properly as my arms were flailing all over the place. It emphasizes form and reps over strength and strain.

I picked them up on the advice of a girl in last night's yoga class who has freakishly strong balance. I was wobbling all over the place, but she seemed to be able to hold pretty much any position. At one point, the instructor has us crouching on 1 leg while tilting out entire body upward and reaching toward the sky. I nearly took a faceplant about five times on that one.

So I worked out with the bands today. It's a hell of a workout, especially stretching the band above my head while holding them down with my feet. Fun stuff!

No comments: