Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day 49: Leaving that pale guy behind

So, I have my first trip to a tanning bed today. I hit up a nearby Ultratan, which seems to be a pretty big chain around here. After all the paperwork and questions, they recommended the bare minimum for me, which was 5 minutes. I really can't disagree. I'm a friggin' ghost.

Anyway, it was one of those stand-up machines and it's supposed to be powerful than the rest. I stripped down, applied the tanning lotion, and hopped in. What an odd experience. It was like being inside a cat-scan machine while being blinded with the power of the sun. After I stumbled out, the spots in my eyes subsided after I got re-dressed. Thankfully, I haven't reddened up yet. So I suppose another month or two of treatments and I'll have a solid base tan.

In other news, I'm going to start upping my workout schedule tomorrow by adding a cardio session when I wake up, but only every other day. Everything else seems to be working for me, so I figured why not?

No comments: