Monday, February 12, 2007

Day 43: Disrupted the Ommmms.

I actually had something completely different for today, but this little bit of happenstance occurred late tonight in my yoga class. And it's certainly new along with being extremely embarrassing. No, not explosive diarrhea. More like destructive narcissism.

I switched classes to something shorter than the last time I went and a bit more involved with balance poses. It's a bit of a larger class and the post-work class is occasionally packed, such as today.

Anyway, we went from downward dog (looks like a push up at a right angle) into a Warrior stance (lunging forward on my right foot), then into a crouch while stretching and looking up at the ceiling.

I'm staring upward and I glance up at my arm to make sure it's straight enough. I saw something that I haven't seen in a long time. Freakin' muscle definition in my arm. Not when I'm flexing the muscle, but rather when it's at rest.

I got so excited that my exercise regiment has actually been working this time that my mind started to race and I started to slowly lose my balance. I freaked out, which made matters worse, and crashed into the girl to my left. She toppled over as well and knocked over the guy to her left. Thankfully, he was able to stop the domino reaction.

Man, if the lights were on, my face would have been beet red. I tried to shake it off and got back into the groove. I apologized afterwards, but I could tell the yoga instructor and the folks in the class were pissed. They take that whole concentration thing pretty seriously. Anyway, I don't think I can show my face at that particular class again.

No comments: