Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 56: Where to begin?

I did a few new things today. I had dinner at a restaurant I've never tried, despite it being less than a block from me. I tasted lobster ravioli, something that's as delicious as it sounds. And I kissed the girl I've mentioned in the past couple days for the first time.

Tabatha actually called me yesterday and I suggested we meet at the Cazbah for a light dinner and drinks. I know I probably stuck with someplace that's comfortable to me, but the opposite of what I should do seems to be working for me lately. We met up, spilt some apps and sipped on the house wine. There's something about the conversation that attracts me to this girl. It's easy to pay attention to what she's saying, I suppose. She's very involving when she speaks.

Anyway, we finished up and headed back to my apartment (which I thankfully cleaned yesterday). I gave her the 15-second tour and we chilled out on the couch for a bit. She wanted to watch the end of Casablanca which was on AMC or some channel today. So we got comfortable with each other and watched the movie.

I've been reading this book on massage, so I've been learning quite a bit about the human body. I spent most of the movie testing out the material, but I seemed to get the best response from lightly brushing the inside of her wrist.

And that's when the movie went off. I must say, she really started to get into it. We were kind of lightly kissing each other, those kind of exploratory kisses when you get to know someone. It gradually progressed for about 20 minutes and then I eased it back. She seemed a little frustrated, but I want to take this slow and told her as much. I got the feeling that she doesn't hear that very often. We said our goodbyes, but she does want to see me again. I'll call her this week.

All in all, a wonderful way to end the weekend. :)

2 comments:

Di said...

I came across your blog and I have to say I am extremely impressed with what you are doing. I think we all could benefit from something like this. I will check back to see what you are up too. Seriously, I hope someday I might motivate myself to do something like this!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE INSPIRING PEOPLE!