Friday, February 23, 2007

Day 54: Trickery, I say!

Well, I had an odd night. I got a call this afternoon from Tabatha, the girl I had yoga class with last night and the Bohemian afterwards. She invited me out to Barley's to shoot pool with her group of friends; some of which I already knew from class. Innocent enough, I'm thinking.

I had time for my back/biceps workout after work, took a quick shower, and trucked down to Barley's afterwards. I met up with them, ordered a drink, and chilled out for a bit. Decompressing I suppose. Tabatha pulled me away to start shooting a game of pool. I'm really horrible at pool, but it's fun and we are having a good time. After about 10 minutes, I looked up and noticed the entire group was gone. I asked Tabatha and she said she had no idea where everyone went.

Then I figured out who I was as that moment, Doyle friggin' Lonnigan. Robert Redford just hightailed it out of the joint and Paul Newman is leaning on that pool stick grinning right back at me. (That's a The Sting reference, btw.) I'd been setup. I'm on a date and I hadn't a clue. She didn't want to ask me out directly, so she invited me out with her friends. Sneaky!

Anyway, we just hung out for a while and eventually headed down to Coffee Underground for dessert. We talked for a while, but she was really trying hard to flirt with me. After chilling out on the couch for a while, I called it a night and said my goodbye. I think I left her a bit confused.

So my new thing for today was getting tricked into a date with the lure of a non-date. Hmmmm....

No comments: