Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 57: Bruce Lee, I'm not.

I tried out a kickboxing class today at the same place I took Kenpo. Iy seemed a heck of a lot tougher, probably because the flexibility when extending my legs is subpar at the moment. I'm been making leaps and strides over the past 5 weeks in my workouts and toning my body, but my flexibility needs improvement if my yoga incident is any indication.

It was some really effective cardio though. Most of the punch / kick combos really take quite a bit of concentration and rapid movements. I know I looked like a complete moron doing the double kicks, but I did have fun. Transitioning from front, side, and back kicks is an extreme balancing act as well. You know, I'm starting to see a difference in my face. It seems a bit leaner lately and my slight double chin is disappearing. Good stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, the most important part in all of this is continuing to have fun trying new things. That should be your main motivation.