Thursday, February 1, 2007

Day 32: Snow day!!!

God, there is nothing better than a snow day! I realize folks up north don't feel the same, but down south it's like a icy cold paradise. School was cancelled very early in the morning, so I rejoiced by sending my silly ass outside into the frosty air. Typically, I don't go outside when things get so wet and slippery, but I wanted to change things up for the purpose of opening myself to new things. I wandered down into the park.


I found all the Governor's School kids building snowmen, sledding, and having snowball fights down in the park. I took some pictures and then jumped into the fray. It's a bit against my nature to act so foolish, but a hell of a lot of fun. I took a trip down the slushy slope in the green sled as well as getting into a little snowball fight with a couple of the drama kids.


After getting completely soaked, I ran back up to my apartment, changed clothes, and came back down for some more. After I was all frolicked out, I grabbed a cup of hot chocolate at Starbucks and chilled out in the warmth of the coffeehouse. So I suppose my new thing for today was to become that kid again. The one that spent hours upon hours outside roaming through nature and having a ball pretending he was an explorer. The one that would sled the same path 100 times over to get the exhilarating feel of the cold, brisk wind in my face. It's good to know that he's still in there.

No comments: