Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Day 45: Made Chocolate Covered Strawberries.

All this hard work I've been doing with my exercise regiment and diet deserved a break today, so I went out to publix this morning to pick up a little semi-sweet chocolate, canola oil, and some fresh strawberries. Plus it's Valentine's Day, hence the perfect treat. (Even for someone alone)

They are suprisingly easy to make. Dip them in the bubbling chocolate / canola oil mixture and lay them on wax paper in the fridge. Why canola oil? Shortening is filled with saturated / trans fats while canola oil is filled with the healthy fats. The chocolate hardens to the fruit and provides a tight, little shell after about 30 minutes. I made a whole quart of these today. I'll try to ration them out for the rest of the week if I can resist.

In other completely unrelated Valentine Day news, I finished my taxes this morning as well as upgraded my computer to Windows Vista during my Cardio workout. So productive, yet so sad. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could give them out to people. Ever thought of that?