Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day 58: Learned how to rollerblade.

I bought some cheapie rollerblades eons ago, but never really tried to learn since my balancing skills have been pure crapola for years. Heck, the only time I tried skiing in high school, I ended going down the bunny slope either backwards or sliding on my ass. That was a really sore weekend.

Anyway, I thought I would give them a real shot today since the weather was so freakin' awesome after work. I read up a little on some balancing techniques and it seemed to work pretty well. I just needed to practice on a rough surface and get comfortable walking in the blades. I messed around on some gravel and graduated to an empty parking lot after work. I got pretty good in the hour left of sunlight and got some speed up on a nearby downhill slope.

I'll be racing around the park before you know it! I'm glad the yoga / muscle building is paying off for some fun stuff. :)

2 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

http://mikeflacy.com/?p=102

Checking trackbacks.