Thursday, February 8, 2007

Day 39: Gave somebody the wrong directions on purpose.

I don't know what it is about my face, but I must appear like I work for Greenville's Welcome Center or a mobile information booth. I get stopped constantly on the street by people looking for various locations, the park, a restaurant, etc. Hell, I even got a girl roll up in her car to ask me where the county courthouse was. Like I have a clue were she could go bail her boyfriend out of jail.

I'm typically pretty helpful if I know where they need to go, but today this guy just plain pissed me off. I strolled out of the apartment this morning with my headphones shoved into my ear blasting a Dane Cook special on my Zune. I get about half a block down to the school and somebody started shouting at me from behind. I started to turn around, but before I could a fairly obese guy out exercising was snapping his fingers in my face. I took out the earbuds and gave him the one-arched eyebrow.

He didn't apologize for his obvious rudeness and blurts out something about Starbucks. I say "What?" Then he repeats his question in a nasty tone "Where is the Starbucks?" At this point, I was getting peeved, but I held it together. I politely sent Lardo trucking down Court Street by the Peace Center. I told him it was about five blocks down on the right. I figure that would put him on the brink of a real shitty part of town. Not quite dangerous, but close enough to scare him.

Anyway, what a complete jerk! The last thing he needed was a Mocha frappachino, so I figure I did him a favor as well. I'm going to have to start adopting this policy more often. I'm glad I was able to think on my feet that early in the morning as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you've got some bitch in you.