Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 55: Out and About.

Whew, pretty nice day today. I spent several hours today laying in the park and chilling out at Coffee Underground. I started and finished a new, nonfiction book called The Substance of Style.

It's about how our sensory experiences effect our purchase decisions and trends as consumers. For instance, Starbucks is designed to enhance the quality of what the consumer tastes, hears, sees, etc. Everything from the music, artwork, aromas, and design is formed around sending out a subliminal message that "Everything here is best-of-class".

It's pretty darn interesting, plus I got to work on my tan and get the hell out of my apartment on Saturday. Before I started all this, I'd spend nearly every weekend just sitting at home on the weekends rather than getting outside to enjoy everything around me. So I suppose reading an entire book outside my apartment was my new thing for today.

No comments: