Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 11: Imparare l'italiano

A bit late on the update today, but for good reason. Working late last night + having to get up really early hit me hard after I finished up at 5 today. I think I may be coming down with something. Blah...at least I have tons of chicken soup to get me through it.

Anyway, the update today is a fun one. I've really wanted to start learning a new language for a while, but never dedicated the time to it. I took a couple years of Spanish in high school, but only wanted to pass the courses rather than learn the language. But Spanish doesn't really interest me at this point, so I've chosen Italian instead.

I started an audio course as well as reading complimentary material that accompanied it. The pronunciation seems pretty easy so far and the grammar is fairly straightforward. It's going to take constant practice, but I certainly have 20 minutes a day to dedicate to it. Anyway, if I ever find the courage to head overseas, Italy would be my first choice. Ah, Forse presto.

1 comment:

magzilla_funk said...

Hey, that would be a great trip...I wouldn't mind taking.