Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 19: Chocolate decadence

I'm not a stranger to cooking, but I do like to try new recipes from time to time. Today I tackled a dessert, the dark chocolate soufflé filled with a molten chocolate center. It's very similar to the Chocolate volcano they serve at City Range on Haywood road. I had to buy a few items to kick it off, namely a ceramic soufflé dish, a wisk, and some Scharffen Berger dark chocolate.

The actual ingredients are pretty simple: the dark chocolate, cream, butter, eggs, sugar, and a bit of tartar. The trick to the hot center of melted chocolate is to center a large chunk of the dark chocolate in the middle of the mold before popping it into the oven. It only takes about 7 or 8 minutes to bake and the batter can be stored in fridge until ready for baking. Top it off with some vanilla ice cream and it's pure euphoria!

I should have taken a quick picture of it, but I gobbled it up too quickly. :)

No comments: