Sunday, January 14, 2007

Day 14: Minor philanthropy

I've never been charitable whatsoever. It's not that I'm empty of empathy, just too damn lazy to do anything. So as a small attempt to kickstart my inner philanthropist, I decided to donate a crapload of clothing and accessories to Goodwill. Anything I would have typically thrown away that's in decent condition was tossed into a box for the folks at the Goodwill down on North street.

As a benefit of this action, I got to clean out my closet. Since I moved into my apartment a couple years ago, I've never actually cleaned out the ole closet. I had clothing in there from when I was a bit chubby; 36" jeans, large dress shirts, etc. Any of these items look completely ridiculous on me now, even the suits I bought when I left college.

So tallying it up, I dropped off three suits, several pairs of dress pants, a variety of dress shirts, a collection of ties I haven't worn in years, a couple pairs of shoes, 4 belts, several ugly sweaters, and some jeans. Nothing major really, but I have a ton of space for all my new stuff. I can get it off the floor and onto some hangers finally.

1 comment:

magzilla_funk said...

Does this mean you have fewer blue shirts?