Monday, January 8, 2007

Day 8: Spontaneous flirting with strangers

I've never been good at flirting, partially because I get tongue-tied. I always think of what I should have said 5 minutes after the moment has passed. Also, I never seem to have the guts to initiate the conversation. Oddly, I love the feeling of flirting, even though I really stink at it.

Anyway, I headed out to the Publix on a whim today to pick up some basil and garlic to make a Portobello Mushroom, thin-crust pizza like they make down at Trio's. I was strolling down the spice isle humming whatever song was on the loudspeaker. I must have been humming loud as I got a friendly smirk from a cute woman who glanced in my direction as I stood staring at the multitude of spices.

So in an effort to become less socially inept, I tried to start a little conversation and asked her if she knew what song that was. She didn't, but hung around to talk about music for a bit. Despite my best attempts to be coy, nothing really came of it. But it still felt exhilarating to try. Good practice too.

1 comment:

magzilla_funk said...

Oh come on. I gave you some reason to practice.