Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Day 9: Curried Goat

Island Blend Jerk & BBQ Grill is a little restaurant on Main Street that's very close to my place, yet I've never ventured in during the years I've lived in downtown Greenville. It's very similar to a narrow NYC deli, but decorated in a Caribbean theme. It's kind of hidden between an art gallery and a place that sells Hollywood memorabilia.

Anyway, I decided to hit up the place for some lunch today. I got to choose between Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork, Curried Goat, or Oxtail. I've never tried the last two, so I gave the goat a shot. Really, the guys in the kitchen could have put any sort of meat on my plate and I wouldn't have known the difference. The curry flavor on the goat was pretty tasty, but there were too many bones in the actual meat. It also gave me a bit of indigestion. The dark rice & beans + the veggies were delicious though.

I will be going back, mostly due to the huge variety of obscure sodas in there. Grape, Pineapple, Cream, Mango, Guava, Carrot, Coconut, Ginger, Ginseng, and some stuff I can't even pronounce. I wouldn't mind trying their Blue mountain coffee either. I don't know what it is flavored after, but it sounds good. Next time, it will be a veggie plate and Jablum!

No comments: