Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 27: Kempo kicks ass

So I took a Kempo class today and it was fantastic! Kempo is an aerobic form of cardio exercise that's based on a form of self defense. It's mostly a series of punches and kicks that rapidly increase in tempo as the session progresses. Blocks, jabs, uppercuts, front kicks, side kicks, and a tremendous amount of combinations. It's pretty easy to perform each move, but form is important.

I was really surprised the amount of sweat that I worked up doing those exercises. It didn't seem like much, but I sweated up a storm. I think I have enough to take away with me to perform the exercises on my own, though. The instructor for the class kind of sucked anyway. Plus there was no eye candy in there. Not like yoga anyway.

I'm a bit sore from the exercise but extremely limber. I'm already starting to feel the effects of the recent diet / exercise regime. I have more energy during the day and I can feel muscles starting to pop out a little. I'm a bit excited about it, especially of how I will look in a couple months. I'm jonzing to get high on a little narcissism. :)

No comments: