Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 26: Hit the town, good and proper.

Whew, what a long night. I'm typing this with very sleepy eyes, so please forgive the occasional grammatical faux pa.

My Friday outing started at Chicora Alley for a couple drinks on an empty stomach after my legs/back workout. (not a good idea) Upon receiving a voicemail about bird defecation upon automobiles and the necessity of female urinary displacement, I dialed up the anxious caller. While I strained to hear the call due to the surrounding reveling drunks, a young woman, pretending to have the voice of a mannish miscreant, answered and told me that I had the wrong number.

As I had only consumed 1 vodka/cranberry at this point, I was pretty sure I had dialed the correct number. Happily, the women on the phone erupted in a fit of giggling and requested my presence at Coffee Underground. I stumbled back to my table, downed the fresh drink the waitress brought for me, paid my bill, excused myself hurriedly, and rushed out of the bar, much to the dismay of my party.

As I performed a 6 block drunken dash up Main street, 1,000 different thoughts raced through my alcohol laden mind; some idealistic and some nagging self-conscious hang-ups. I was going to see a woman that I use as my main motivation for this little 365-day endeavor. And dammit, she still makes my heart skip a few beats.

Anyway, myself and the two young women had a wonderful time drinking coffee, stealing Christmas ornaments, hitting up the O Cha tea bar, and going to see a depressing play at the Warehouse theater along with a fairly funny Improv show following it.

All in all, today was filled with many entertaining firsts. But much more importantly, I feel re-motivated to continue. Thanks. :)

No comments: