Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 7: Christian Coffee

It's been a dismal day outside today. Constant rain and a bleak sky makes for a lazy Sunday, I suppose. But I did manage to get out to do something new late tonight. There is a little coffee joint that's only open 3 hours every Sunday. It's under the nearby Bellacino's which is really close to my apartment. The reason it's only Sunday is due to its religious overtones.

I'm really not into religion. My parents took me to a variety of different types of churches as a kid, but nothing really stuck with me. I do like that they gave me choices over the years, though. I don't attend anymore nor do I prefer a specific faith, but I do believe in the possibility of a higher power. The world is just too darn incredible to rule it out.

But I'm rambling. The coffeehouse has a Christian rock band each week and the people hanging outside seem to be fairly Bob Jones free, so I decided to give it a chance for half an hour. I can't say I enjoyed the Jesus music, but the coffee was decent and I ran into a friend that works in the Main Street gym that opened up last year. I wasn't really comfortable and probably won't go back, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. It's better than wondering what's down there every time I walked by it.

1 comment:

magzilla_funk said...

I was always too scared, so you've got one up on me now.