Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 12: Squeeky clean

Like most guys, I keep things very simple in the shower / shave arena. I use shampoo/conditioner combo, Old Spice body wash, Gillette shaving gel, and the occasional dab of after-shave if I went against the grain. In an effort to expand my self-cleaning repertoire and more importantly appearance, I hit the local Publix to try out a few new options.

I picked up some Nivea facial cleanser to chase away the dirt, a slow tanning moisturizer, Neutrogena Razor Defense Exfoliator, and a loofah. I've never used any of these items before, so I took a quick shower to see what the fuss was all about. Gotta say I really liked the loofah over the old washcloth. It seemed like it did a much more successful job as scrubbing the dirt off.

After singing a horrific rendition of Frankie Valli's Can't Take My Eyes Off of You, I hopped out of the shower, dried off, and tried out the exfoliator. I won't be doing that very often. Maybe I used too much, but scouring my cheeks with that stuff stung quite a bit. The cleanser was a nice soothing feeling after that. Plus my face felt really soft afterward. I only tried a tiny dab of the moisturizer to see how tan it makes me as well as the shade of the coloring.

I don't look any different, but my face feels wonderful. I'm not sure how much of this stuff I'll keep using, but it was something fun and easy to try for today.

No comments: