Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 30: Tried Creatine for the first time.

If you have been reading this blog, it's no secret I'm trying to get into better shape. Today I've added a minor amount of Creatine supplement into my diet after my workouts. Creatine is a compound of amino acids which provides additional energy for muscles, increases size slightly, and helps with breaking down all the protein I've been ingesting.

It's something my body already creates naturally, so I'm just helping it along. Athletes typically take up to 20 to 30 grams a day, but I'm going to keep it low with just a gram. I really don't need much since my weight is fairly low. I do feel a bit more energetic after my workout.

In other news, I took another plyometrics class as well as revisiting the NV Salon to get a trim. Actually, my hair stylist tried something new with my hair. She thinned it out and used a straight razor to add texture. She also did a little flippy-up thing with the front of my hair that looks really good. I'm totally digging the difference. But I'll still probably get a shorter haircut next time if I can shave down my body fat which should tighten up my face somewhat.

No comments: