Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Day 2: Started a speech therapy course

English is obviously my first language and I amazingly avoided a southern accent all my life, but I do have a bit of a slurring problem. I tend to speak faster and faster, usually losing the person I'm speaking to. It all sounds perfect inside my head, but almost comes off as loud mumbling. Perhaps it's because I'm infrequently out of practice due to living alone, but the reasoning makes no difference at this point.

I picked up a series of audio lessons to improve my intonation, pronunciation and diction. I'm about 2 hours into it at this point. I'm attempting to analyze my pronunciation difficulties and fix those issues with a practice regiment. Anyway, this is something I've wanted to improve for years, but never took the initiative to do it.

So, I suppose the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain. ;)

No comments: